Theme Day ~ Statue of King Rama I and King Taksin

>> Saturday, May 1, 2010

It seems I've just posted about Statue a few days ago, and I have no more Statue photo, this time I would dig the old photo from my archieve to present you again, the top one is King Taksin of Thonburi, the former king before Bangkok is set as capital. I used to post about his memorial day here.


The below one is King Rama I. He is the first King of our Chakri Dynasty in which we are in King Rama IX at this moment.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

8 comments:

magiceye May 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

beautiful takes on the theme!

julia May 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Those are grand statues. A little suprised to find a horse-man - I imagined other animals instead.

Jilly May 1, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

He stands so impressively above everything else. Your second shot is so much calmer. I like both.

Anonymous,  May 2, 2010 at 5:28 AM  

Makes one wonder how it feels to be living in a country ruled by a king.
Please have a wonderful Sunday.

daily athens

Louis la Vache May 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Good one for Theme Day!

«Louis» has a friend who lives in Bangkok. He used to work with her when she was in San Francisco. She works for the French hypermarché group Auchan.

Hilda May 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I like both of them, though Rama I seems much more peaceful than King Thaksin.

Tussy May 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

The reason King Taksin looks more agressive because he win the victory against Myanmar, and he became King, while King Rama I run the country while it was peaceful.

Thank for all the comment :)

Post a Comment